Keiko over at Keiko’s Anime Blog nominated me for the Real Neat Blog Award. Me, little old me. Thank you! It’s an honor coming from such an amazing person with the most awesome blog. If you haven’t been over there and read what they have to write then just hop on away and do. It is truly a great blog.
So, the Real Neat Blog Award then. There’s some rules of course.
- Display the logo
- Thank the blogger for the award
- Answer the questions the one who has nominated you
- Nominate 7-10 bloggers
- Ask them 7 questions
First off; I love awards. You get to answer fun questions and share some of your life (well depending on the nature of the questions. Sometimes they might be about totally crazy stuff too, which in itself is a lot of fun.) And you get to ask questions to people you are curious about. It’s a win win. So, here’s Keiko’s questions to me:
1. What is one thing you want to achieve this year?
Oh boy, this is a hard one actually. I don’t really have any plans for the future, I am very much a person who lives in the present. I also tend to fail once I set up goals for myself so in order to actually succeed with something I better not utter it out loud. So yeah, eat more vegetables.
2. If you become any creature what would it be?
A pampered house cat. Well, I want to be a Devon Rex because they look like little aliens and they are very, very soft so people want to pat them. I can lazy around all day long and get my humans to give me food.
3. If you were a character what type of character would you be?
A fierce, stubborn, fiery guy dating a yakuza boss. Someone who always put the hot boss on the spot and challenge him. Then they go home and have steamy, amazing sex.
4. What is the worst anime you’ve watched?
I can’t possibly answer this. I’ve watched a bunch actually. During my crappy anime challenge. You’ll find them here. (If I have to chose between them I’m gonna say it might be a tie between BORN BY MYSELF and Utsu Musume Sayuri.)
5. Do you prefer to read the source material or watch adaptations?
Hm… I am not that excited about watching an adaptation if I already have read the source material to be honest. I rather do it the other way around (which I often do). I usually get disappointed when I watch after I have read while the other way around I feel like a get a better and deeper understanding of the anime.
6. Do you skip openings/endings when watching anime? Why?
I usually watch the OP/ED when I start a new anime but then I skip them the following episodes until the end when I watch them again (or when they change the OP/ED). I get a bit bored with watching the same thing over and over, and I am often too excited for the episode to have the calm to wait for the OP to end. I mostly binge watch though so to me the OP and ED sort of frame all the episodes even if I skip them, if that makes sense.
7. What is your favourite opening/ending from this season of anime?
I actually haven’t watched that much seasonal anime this season so I chose one from last season instead. This is one of few I sat through each episode.
That’s it folks, those are my answers. Now, onwards to my nominations. (it’s of course not mandatory but it’s always nice if you’d like to participate. Also, it’s my way of saying; you are awesome!)
Arthifis (I know you have a lot of stuff to do and little time on your hands. This is more of an appreciation tag than anything. Although, I won’t be sad if you do it some day. 😎 )
So, there you have them, the nominees. Maybe there are some new faces you haven’t seen or heard of. Go on and explore their blogs, they are very nice. Now…
1. Since I apparently said above that I need to eat more vegetables: Do you have a favourite vegetable and how do you eat it? (I am in dire need of good vegetable recipes so if you have any, please feel free to share.)
2. Who is your favourite superhero and why?
3. If you were a superhero, what kind of outfit would you wear?
4. And since your clothes might depend on your abilities; what are your abilities as a superhero?
5. What/who would your sidekick be? You don’t have the option to not have a sidekick.
6. Vehicle; what would you chose to move around with?
7. There are too damn many superheroes so please, if you will, describe the perfect villain who could beat you as a superhero.
This concludes this post. As I said, you nominees don’t have to answer, it is completely optional. And if you recently have done it, please link to the post because I am curious.