Fullmetal Alchemist’s first opening got me thinking of an idea for a post. Well, this post. I love the song so of course I had to search for it on YouTube and I stumbled upon the live concert and got the name of the group, and further searches brought me to the music video for the song, and tadaa, this post was born.
This is a list of seven openings I like a whole lot but in their natural habitat. Sort of. Original group and music video. You get it. There really isn’t any best/less best on the list but I number them for the sake of numbering them anyway. I love them all equally.
1. Fullmetal Alchemist: Porno Graffitti – Melissa
2. Young Black Jack: UMI☆KUUN – I am Just Feeling Alive
3. Love Stage!!: SCREEN Mode – LΦVEST
4. Gravitation: Sakanoue Yosuke – Super Drive
5. Fukigen na Mononokean: The Super Ball – Tomodachi Meter
6. Junjou Romantica: pigstar -君＝花 (Kimi = Hana)
7. Kuroko no Basket: GRANRODEO – Can Do
And because I never keep to the rules you’ll get an eight too. (Also, this is my list and who says that Seven Tops has to be seven. Seven might as well be ~7.)
8. Youkai Apartment no Yuuga na Nichijou: Wi-Fi-5 – 始まりのカレッジ (Hajimari no College)
That’s it. For now at least. I might, most likely, do the same with endings eventually. It’s nice to see the people behind the music once in a while. And now you get a little insight in what kind of music I listen too. Well, at least when it comes to Japanese music. Western music is a bit different but that’s a topic for another post. So yeah, there you go, some of my favorite openings.